Monday, April 6, 2009

The Aviator


As you can see, Isaac fancies himself as quite the aviator. His dad assembled the plane, but just couldn't get any lift. Isaac went to get the instructions and showed me that I had put the wings on backwards. Thus, my thrust was not.

The bird still had a few issues as Dad flew it into a tree or two. It seemed to want to enter a death spiral towards the starboard. So we looked a little closer and found that one of the stickers was raised and providing wind resistance. Next, we found the rudder to be off. Once we fixed that, we were able to fly 75 feet.

We were not able to figure out how to turn the thing around and bring it back without crashing. Unfortunately, we lost an engine mount during one of the crashes, so we've applied model epoxy to see if we can master the flight next time.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Looks like dad and son are having a good time. Isaac's a great little guy and we love him!

The Hall Clan said...

Heck ya,,,a girl's night would be great!!! I know kris and shell would be on board as well. We all have good hubbys that are great about watching the kids so we can get out. What nights usually work for you guys? I now work until 6:30on tuesdays, but other than that I am free, and kris and shell usually have easy sch (unless their hubbys are out of town.) Dad got a cd that arnold burned all the pictures on after the last reunion. I can bring mine with me when we get together (ahh, incentive).